Lil Durk Turns Himself In On Attempted Murder Charges

Posted by

Atlanta, GA – Shortly after a warrant was issued for Lil Durk’s arrest, the Chicago-bred rapper surrendered to Georgia authorities.

According to a tweet from WSB-TV’s Michael Seiden, Durk turned himself in on Thursday (May 30) around 9 p.m. local time. His first court appearance was on Friday (May 31).

div {
line-height: 0;
position: relative;
margin-bottom: 16px;

#div-gpt-ad-body1 >div>iframe {
margin-bottom: 240px;
position: absolute;

margin-top: 16px;

.article-advertisement.article-body.article-news p {
margin-top: 0;

Before Durk surrendered, he did an exclusive interview with WSB-TV and proclaimed his innocence.

“I have nothing to hide,” he said. “I have nothing to run from. We found out we had a warrant actually while on tour. Once I heard, I immediately came back.”

When blatantly asked if he shot the victim, Durk said, “Um, no.”

Legal docs stated Durk has been charged with criminal attempt to commit murder, aggravated assault (shooting at), unlawful for person employed by/associated with criminal street gang to conduct/participate in criminal gang activity, possession of firearm during commission of a felony (vgcsa) and possession of firearm by convicted felon.

The charges originate from a February 5 shooting at The Varsity restaurant in Atlanta where a 23-year-old man suffered multiple gunshot wounds.

Durk remains in Fulton County Jail after his bond was reportedly denied.

[This article has been updated. The original version was published on May 30, 2019 and can be found below.]

A warrant has reportedly been issued for Lil Durk’s arrest. TMZ reports the Atlanta Police Department says officers have obtained the warrant, but Durk isn’t in police custody — yet.

The Interscope Records rapper shared a somewhat cryptic Instagram post on Wednesday (May 29), indicating he was turning himself into police. He didn’t provide any further details.

According to WSB-TV Atlanta, officers responded to reports of a person shot around 5:45 a.m. local time on February 5 at The Varsity restaurant, where they discovered a man suffering from a gunshot wound.

Officers recovered 13 shell casings from a rifle and pistol at the scene as well as a firearm. They believe at least 18 shots were fired.

The 23-year-old shooting victim was rushed to Atlanta Medical Center where he underwent surgery. He survived.

Police interviewed two witnesses who said the victim appeared to be in a verbal dispute with an unknown black male before the shooting. Officers have the surveillance footage and are looking for a dark-colored SUV seen leaving the area.

Durk has yet to turn himself over to authorities. The investigation is ongoing and it’s unclear how the LilDurk2x creator is involved.

Source: Hip Hop DX